Six cops martyred; two terrorists gunned down, 2 civilians killed in firing

golden yug
[ June 16, 2017 ] Srinagar:At least six police personnel attained martyrdom and two terrorists were gunned down by the security forces in an encounter whereas two civilians have been killed in firing by security forces in separate incidents in across Kashmir valley.According to reports a group of terrorists that ambushed a police patrol party and rained bullets on them led to the martyrdom of six cops, including a Sub-Inspector at Achabal in Anantnag district of South Kashmir today.It is said to be the one of the deadliest attack on the police in Kashmir valley in the recent past. The terrorists have intensified their attacks on the local police that can be seen as a change in their attack strategy. The terrorists said to have decamped with service weapons of the police personnel.The Station House Officer identified as Sub Inspector Feroz, a resident of Pulwama, fell victim to indiscriminate firing from militants, Director General of Police S.P Vaid said here.The other martyred include a driver and four other policemen who were on a routine round in their jeep, he said.They have been identified as Constable Shariq Ahmed, Constable Tasveer Ahmed, Constable Sharaz Ahmed, SPO Mohd Asif and SPO Sabzar Ahmed.Pakistan-based Lashker-e-Taiba is believed to be behind the attack, a senior police official said, adding they wanted to take revenge of the Arwani encounter in which their local commander Junaid Mattoo is believed to have died.The encounter at Arwani in Bijbehara area broke out this morning and all the three militants are believed to be dead. No bodies have been recovered so far.Army has been moved out and was combing the area, officials said.Meanwhile, Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) commander Junaid Mattoo and one of his associates were gunned down by security forces in an encounter in Jammu and Kashmir"s Kulgam sector today unconfirmed reports said as dead bodies of the slain terrorists were yet to be retrieved from the encounter site till the filing of this report.The gunfight erupted on Friday morning when terrorists attacked security forces in Arwani village of Kulgam.A joint team of the Army and the CRPF had cordoned off the village and a search operation was on to flush out the militants.At least two to three LeT militants were believed to be trapped after the security forces cordoned off the area."As the security forces closed on the hiding militants, they fired at the security forces triggering an encounter,".Meanwhile, civilian protests started in the village to disrupt the operation against the hiding militants, the report said in which two people were killed.However, two persons were today killed and 10 others injured as security forces allegedly opened fire to keep stone-pelting protesters from interfering in an ongoing encounter with three holed up Lashkar-e-Taiba militants in Anantnag district of south Kashmir.Also, clashes rocked various parts of the Valley including Srinagar after Friday prayers even as the police detained JKLF chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik.Ahsan Mushtaq (15) and Mohammad Ashraf Khar (34) were killed after being hit by bullets near the site of an ongoing encounter between militants and security forces at Arwani village in Anantnag district of south Kashmir, a police official said.Khar, a resident of Kharpora Arwani area, was rushed to district hospital at Bijbehara where he was declared brought dead, the police said.He had received a bullet injury in his chest.Some people had started pelting stones on the security personnel immediately after the security forces laid a cordon around the house, located in densely populated Malik Mohalla of the village.The security forces had received an intelligence tip-off that three militants were present inside the house.The accompanying teams of the local police and CRPF used tear gas shells and resorted to firing pellets after the crowd continued to hurl stones at the troops, thereby, hampering the ongoing counter-insurgency operation.He said it was not immediately clear whether the duo were part of the stone-pelting protesters who tried to disrupt the anti-militancy operation in the village.Ten other people were injured, mostly by pellets. The operation to flush out militants was going on, he said.Chatter from the terror group suggested that Junaid Mattoo, a local boy of Khudwani, was among the three trapped inside the house along with Azad Malik and a Pakistani terrorist.Mattoo had gained notoriety after he shot dead two policemen in broad daylight at the busy Anantnag bus stand in June 2016. He was seen on CCTV footage carrying out the dastardly act.Meanwhile, two civilians were injured today when army personnel opened fire on their vehicle after it did not stop at a check-point in north Kashmir’s Bandipora district, police said.A naka party of army’s 14 Rashtriya Rifles signaled them to stop their vehicle at a check-point in Check Reshipora area of the district, a police official said.The driver ignored the signal and tried to run away when the jawans manning the post opened fire, he said.Fayaz Ahmad and Muzafar Ahmad, both residents of Qazipora area of the district, who were travelling in the car, received bullet injuries on their arms and legs, the official said.He said they have been admitted to a hospital and their condition is said to be stable.